It goes without saying "that the end of June was interesting to say the least!" A heatwave, followed of course by the temperatures cooling off slightly and the intense heat and humidity also gently fading away (for now at least. However the second week in July of 2026, and that could change.) But it was on Tuesday the 30th of June 2026, that I heard the following words being spoken to me, which went something along the following lines,
"Quick, Quick, the skies have gone dark and heavy, for a Thunderstorm or Rain is on the way."
Moments later, I came inside, and got the metaphorical flying tripod with a camera attached to it, and sent it into the air, and what could I see on the horizon, spanning the entire length of The Erewash Valley, well that was a dramatic and heavy skies and in the distance, the rain falling. But I then decided to take just the one photo, overlooking the town of Eastwood, in the direction of Langley Mill/Heanor and beyond with the horizon full of drama and rain, which would some ten minutes later, provide a dramatic rain shower as it moved over into the Nottinghamshire area. But below is the photo of the Drama in the skies that I managed to capture.
![]() |
| "Moody, Heavy and Encroaching." |
And if anyone is interested in a print of this photo, it can be found on my Print Store: https://www.photo4me.com/shop/1458830/framed-mounted-print?o=21&e=12&s=322&u=mm&share=false&toneId=0

No comments:
Post a Comment