Sunday, July 5, 2026

Finding signs of a "False Autumn?!" The magical scenes of Thorseby Park.

"The Dukeries area of Nottinghamshire, is one of those areas of the county that has so much history and a rich and varied landscape, rolling vistas, hills and a gentleness to it." And it was on Saturday the 4th of July 2026, that I had the chance to visit one of those locations within the aptly named area of The Dukeries, that one being Thorseby Park, located right next door to the majestic Thorseby Hall, a majestic hall that was designed by the architect Anthony Salvin - who was the architect behind Harlexton Manor, in the Vale of Belvoir. But as I was walking around Thorseby Park, I was taken away, yes by the beauty and undulation of the landscape, the woodlands that had a delightful dappled light to them that made them a little more spectacular, if slightly serene, but at the same time what did I come across? 

Well that was also the signs of something called a "False Autumn." And amongst the otherwise green and lush woodlands, down below with the otherwise green Ferns, an unusual sight could be seen, and that of course was the ferns looking slightly Autumnal, but perhaps though these ferns and their more Autumnal looking colours, are the signs of an False Autumn that is on the horizon, but I also came across the magical scenes as well, and below are the photos that I captured on Saturday the 4th of July 2026, from Thorseby Park. 

"The Silent Tree Sculptures Grow."

"Eden Green and Woodland Glow."

"The Shine of Woodland Green."

"Summer Autumn, Hybrid Glow."

"A Portrait of Green, Yellow and Amber."

"False Autumn Show."

"On the turn amongst the Green of Summer Glow."

"By the summer banks of The Meden."

No comments:

Post a Comment